Monday, September 10, 2012

Blog Spotlight


I'd like to spotlight a blog that I came across this morning: 


I am incredibly impressed with the balance, maturity, and thoughtfulness that this blog expresses.  From what I can gather about the author, she is a former Methodist become Catholic who, with her husband, once enjoyed a sacramental life within the Roman Catholic communion.  I do not know her entire story, but she now identifies as a "not-theist" Unitarian Universalist and a free thinker.  She often writes about what she misses in her sacramental life as a Catholic--she still craves the ritual life she once had.  I don't know her reasons for leaving Catholicism, but her thoughts about wanting a sacramental-life without all of the baggage of the Catholic church resonate well with me. 


No comments: